Each day, about 10,000 Americans turn 65 years old and this number is expected to grow even more in the coming years. The rapid growth of the older population — due to the post-World War II baby boom — has given rise to active seniors communities all over the country. These active adult communities provide vast opportunities for fitness, wellness, recreation, and entertainment activities.
A Brief Look at Active Seniors Communities
If you are catering to a growing senior community in an HOA setting, consider these important statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- By 2030, all baby boomers (individuals born between 1946 to 1964) will be age 65 and older
- There are an estimated 73 million baby boomers in the United States — comprising over 18% of the population
- By 2034, there will be more older adults age 65 and older that children under age 18
- People aged 65 and older have an additional life expectancy of about 19.5 years
- About 75% of older adults are homeowners
- Over 10 million Americans age 65 and over are still in the labor force
- The need for caregiving and assistance increases with older adults age 85 and older
- Common health issues for older adults include heart disease, cancer, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, arthritis, and osteoporosis
What Are the Needs of Seniors in Homeowners Association?
With better health services and longer life expectancies, those in the older generation continue to be active adults that live healthy lifestyles. Regardless, HOA communities must look out for age-related issues such as the onset of chronic illnesses and special accommodations for senior residents. And so, there is a need for a more custom approach to community management.
Elite Management Services understands the specialized needs of aging residents in HOA communities so we provide services that support active seniors’ modern, healthy lifestyles. Here is a wide range of community management services that you can expect from EMS:
- Exercise Classes and Fitness Programs
- Educational Seminars on Health, Wellness, and Personal Finance
- Senior Events Planning and Special Interest Clubs
- Advocacy Programs for Residents
- Management Training for Board Members
- Assistance from Lifestyle and Community Managers
- Full-Service Accounting, Budget, and Financial Planning
- Regular Property Maintenance
- Facility Program Management
- Value-Added Services Tailored to Your Community (such as Home Checks, Neighbor Assistance Programs, Emergency Services)
Professional Elite Management Services for Active Seniors Communities
At Elite Management Services, our goal is to provide professional community management that caters to the needs of senior HOAs. We have experienced teams handling the day-to-day management of your community so that residents can focus on fun and enriching activities. With modern technologies and methods, EMS ensures that your community is up-to-date on all aspects of community management.
Active seniors communities can also expect excellent customer service from EMS. We have a team of friendly and engaging managers who are responsive to the needs of residents aged 65 and older.
EMS utilizes a tailored approach to ensure that all your specific needs are met. We partner with active seniors communities to help them grow and keep property values high. With our services, EMS strives to deliver the best and most rewarding experiences to the lives of your residents.
Elite Management Services delivers expert management solutions to homeowners and condo associations. If you want to find out how we can better assist active senior communities, please do not hesitate to reach out to us today!